Strengthening the tobacco control community through webinars
Over the past decade, actions have been taken to raise public awareness and outrage on the dangers of smoking. African countries are increasingly accelerating efforts to protect their citizens from the dangers of tobacco by adopting and implementing policies in line with the provisions of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC).
In its effort to support the implementation of the FCTC, ATCA has launched a series of webinars to promote the sharing of experiences and good practices in tobacco control initiatives in Africa.
Most recents Webinars
Moderator: Leonce SESSOU, Executive Secretary – African Tobacco Control Alliance (ATCA)
- Pr. Lekan Ayo-Yusuf, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Research, Postgraduate studies & Innovation – Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
- Dr. Francis BOLI, Executive Secretary – Réseau des ONG Actives pour le Contrôle du Tabac in Côte d’ivoire (ROCTA-CI)
- Celine Awuor, Chief Executive Officer – International Institute for Legislative Affairs (IILA)
November 24, 2020
Moderator: Susie MBOUANGOUORE LIMBEPE, Tobacco Control Expert – The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF)
- Peter Unekwo: Executive Director – CEDARS Refuge Foundation, Nigeria
- Mr. Wondu Bekele, Executive Director – Mathiwos Wondu Cancer Society, Ethiopia