Illicit trade and tobacco industry interference: a serious threat to the transparency, economy, and health?
Interregional dialogue between the Americas and African Region
Date: 29 April 2021
Moderator: Dr. Reina Roa (Panama), Bureau of the Conference of the Parties FCTC, Vice President and Rapporteur, representing the Region of the Americas
- Mrs. Laura Salgado, Global Campaign Coordinator, Global Center for Good Governance in Tobacco Control (GGTC), WHO FCTC Secretariat’s Knowledge Hub for Article 5.3
- Mr. Fernando Jacome (Ecuador) Bureau of the meeting of the Parties ITP, President, representing the Region of the Americas.
- Dr. Oumar Ba (Senegal) Bureau of the meeting of the Parties ITP, Vice-President, representing the African Region.
- Dr. Adriana Blanco Marquizo, Head, Secretariat of the WHO FCTC
- Mr. Dudley Tarlton, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP
- Mrs. Rosa Sandoval, Unit Chief a.i., RFN/NMH, PAHO / WHO.
- Ms. Karambu E. Muthaura, Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Mr. Sisay Derso, Ethiopian Public Health Institute/EPHI
- Mr. Roberto Iglesias, Economic Consultant for ACTbr, Former consultant WHO & World Bank.
- Dr. Nydia Amador, Civil Society Representative Costa Rica.
- Dr. Eduardo Bianco, Technical Director, WHO FCTC Secretariat Knowledge Hub For International Cooperation on Tobacco Control (CCICT) / FCA Regional Coordinator for Latin America.
- Ms. Fatou Diouf, FCA Regional Coordinator for Africa
- Mr. Daniel Dorado, Director of Policy Organizing: International & Latin America, Corporate Accountability.
- Dr. Vinyo Kodzo Kumako (Togo), Bureau of the Conference of the Parties FCTC, Vice-President and Rapporteur, representing the African Region.
- Mr. Leonce Dieudonné Sessou, Executive Secretary, African Tobacco Control Alliance (ATCA).
Tobacco products cause serious damage to health.