Objectives of the Organisation
- NY SAHY is a non-governmental, non-confessional, apolitical association, created to promote the development of humankind. In the face of the known damages caused by tobacco and other drugs, the association was created to bring the situation under control.
- NY SAHY was created to sensitise and empower young people to these scourges. As the name suggests (NY SAHY: who dares), you have to dare to change your lifestyle.
- The Prime Minister’s Office – Inter-ministerial Commission for the Coordination of the Fight Against Drugs (CICLD)
- Ministry of Public Health – Tobacco Control Consultative Committee (OFNALAT)
- FONDATION TELMA
- FIFA (through the Malagasy Football Federation/Grassroots)
- Several schools
- Several churches
Commemoration of World No Tobacco Day 2019 in Tamatave.
World No Tobacco Day 2019 was marked by the holding of the Grassroots festival (a FIFA World project, implemented in Madagascar by NY SAHY Fondation Telma since 2011) which focused on orientating the youth to adopt healthy and appropriate behaviors. Approximately 1,000 children benefited from valuable advice and information from the professional teams of the National Tobacco Control Office (OFNALAT), Tobacco Control Consultative Committee (CCOLAT) and NY SAHY. These teams formed 6 components of the training workshop, the first 5 of which consisted of learning the basic techniques of football, and the last, the communication of important information on tobacco to discourage its consumption in all forms.
DANCE 261 « FUMER TUE »
Since 2009, NY SAHY and FONDATION TELMA, with their partners, OFNALAT have organised the DANCE 261 “FUMER TUE” competition. DANCE 261 “FUMER TUE” is the only youth-based smoking prevention project that uses art as a prevention tool.
In alternation with the dance competition, training sessions are organized in the schools concerned for the groups participating in the competition, but also for other pupils of the schools. The training consists of four MODULES, each of them being the subject of a round table that lasts one hour, thirty minutes.
MAFIBE « NO DRUG »
In 199, a football tournament was organised composed of 8 clubs. The tournament took place during the day and comprised of matches of 30mn x 2. It sought to know which team is MAFIBE (The Hardest). That team had to win three matches.
CyberClass is an initiative of FONDATION TELMA, MICROSOFT and NY SAHY within the framework of the INFORMATIQUE POUR TOUS (IPT) project. It seeks to train young people on new IT and the dangers of tobacco, drug, and alcohol consumption. It also seeks to train young people on social media.
Info 261, is a project that provides information and sensitisation (sometimes through conferences). This is done in schools associations, churches, government ministries.
GRAND CIGARETTIERS, PETITES CIBLES
This project was conducted in collaboration with the African Tobacco Control Alliance (ATCA) to expose and denounce tobacco industry marketing strategies to children in schools. It was used to advocate for the adoption of measures to protect school children from these tobacco industry tactics.
- Compte Twitter: @NSAHY
- Compte Facebook: NY SAHY